Alexa and GoogleHome Voice 🗣️ App to find WHERE your movies and tv-shows are available for STREAMING 🧐
< Based on an unofficial Justwatch API >
- Amazon Alexa/Echo devices - Download/Enable
- Google Assistant on your Phone/Google Home devices - Download/Enable
P.S : You can fire up Google Assistant app on your phone and say "Talk to Just Watch" to start using this without installing anything. Seriously. Try it NOW!
- Find where to stream your favourite movies and tv shows in an instant. No more logging into each of Netflix, Prime Video et al to check where a movie or tv-show is available.
- Direct, one-shot Invocation for Alexa (Google Home soon) - Eg: "Alexa, ask Just Watch to search for The Matrix"
- Ability to specify your preferred country.
- Ability to Limit search results to your preferred offer types (subscription/rent/purchase).
- Ability to announce prices with offers.
🛠 Setup your location:
- This Action speaks out the results (streaming providers) for a given country at a time.
- You can also explicitly specify your preferred country for your searches by saying "Set Country" at any time.
- By default, it auto-detects your country based on your device language (en-US for United States, en-GB for United Kingdom and so on)
- For Eg: It can only tell you which streaming providers are offering "The Matrix" in United States at a given time.
- BUT, don't worry! if your device language is en-US and If you want to know the streaming offers in United Kingdom or Australia (for example), you can teach the Action your preferred country for searching. Just say "Set Country".
🤓 Personalisation Options
- Say "Set Country" to search in a country of your choice. By default, the country is auto detected based on your device language.
- Say "Set Offer Types" to limit search results to one or all of subscription, rental or purchase offers.
- Say "Set Price Announcement" to teach me if i should announce the actual prices of rental or purchase offers when you search for something.
- Say "Settings" to hear about all of the available personalisation options.
✅ Supported Devices
- This skill is powered by (unofficial) JustWatch APIs. Give them a donation.
- Report issues or suggest features on Github or on Reddit
- Rate this skill/action on Amazon & Google.
- If you feel compelled, I'd love if you spread the word (can share this skill/action's webpage)
- Reach out with any feedback
- Buy me a beer
💬 In other news
- Android Police wrote an article about this skill/action. Also, SmartHomeExplained did a thorough review.
- Some great discussions over the initial launch of this skill/action on /r/googlehome & /r/alexa
- If you are a MAC OS & Alfred app user, you might be interested in this Alfred workflow i made which does the same thing as this voice skill/action but on your computer.